Avaliações do EmailOctopus

Relação qualidade/preço
Recursos
Praticidade
Suporte ao cliente

dos usuários recomendam este app
Classificar por

423 avaliações

Brian
Brian

KISS for email marketing

Avaliado em 01/09/2020

I use it to send a weekly email to my former ukulele students (300+). I also send out 'tech tips' to authors on a semi-regular basis.

Vantagens

What I love most about email octopus is the simplicity of it. The interface is minimal by design which doesn't derail me when I just need to get an email out to my lists.

Desvantagens

I would love it if they supported markdown.

Thomas
  • Setor: Imprensa

Fantastic Newsletter Publishing and List Maintenance Service

Avaliado em 16/08/2023

After a service I'd been using for eight years started developing functionality problems, I checked out competitors and came to EmailOctopus on the basis of a recommendation. Haven't looked back.

Vantagens

Everything WORKS. It's easy to import lists. It's easy to set up lead capture pages to get new subscribers. It's easy to create newsletter templates. It's easy to publish campaigns and get them delivered.

Desvantagens

There's nothing I dislike about EmailOctopus, but if I could suggest one feature it would be social media account linking as opposed to having to manually post links to campaign emails to Facebook and Twitter.

SendGrid

Razões para escolher o EmailOctopus

My previous service was becoming more complex and less functional/reliable.

Razões para mudar para o EmailOctopus

The price was right and EmailOctopus handled specific functions I needed better than Sendgrid (I do use Sendgrid for some other projects).
  • Usado Diariamente durante Avaliação gratuita

• Probabilidade de recomendação 2.0 /10

Onboarding makes no sense

Avaliado em 10/04/2022

Vantagens

It's very easy to build emails and work with forms and landing pages

Desvantagens

Before being able to send any communication they sent you a set of questions about your data base and lists, where and how you acquire your contacts. They sent this like two hours before I've signed in. I'm supposed to give them all my info, wait for their approval and only then shoot my emails. This is absurd doesn't happen with any other provider I've used before (mailchimp, hubspot, etc)

Resposta do EmailOctopus

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you weren't happy with our approval process. We have an approval process in place to maintain our industry leading deliverability. During the approval process we look to find out what kind of emails you'll be sending and how the list was grown many companies continue to use purchased lists, which are not only against the law but impact the service massively too so having this step allows us to educate users and improve our service for all.

In many cases approval can be done immediately, without any additional questions. However at times we do need to get some additional information, this is what will have happened in your case.

Those questions only need to be answered once, and should take no longer than 2 minutes to answer.

While we appreciate those questions may add some additional friction to signing up, it's done with the best of intentions and is why our reputation is so high with the likes of Gmail and Yahoo.

Vivian
  • Usado Mensal durante 1 a 5 meses

Works for all my needs

Avaliado em 19/02/2024

I've had no issues at all. Everything goes smoothly. I'm happy with the cost per product.

Vantagens

I really like how I can set up campaigns and send them out without much issue.

Desvantagens

I really don't like the visuals? If that makes sense? I don't think my email looks as pretty as I want it to. It's also not as easy to design what I want how I want it.

Razões para escolher o EmailOctopus

price was the main factor. I need to grow my list and not be nickeled and dimed as I grow.

Razões para mudar para o EmailOctopus

I had a PA who was familiar with it and could help me get started.
Jennifer Lauren
Jennifer Lauren

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Switch from MailChimp to EmailOctopus was a no brainer.

Avaliado em 06/06/2023

So far, the experience has been wonderful. There have been no issues with setting up or sending out campaigns and it has been easy to learn the platform.

Vantagens

The ease of account setup and importing contacts from our old provider to EmailOctopus. I also liked the analytics reports. I also like the lists setup.

Desvantagens

I wish there was a mobile app to manage contacts and campaigns.

Constant Contact

Razões para escolher o EmailOctopus

Mailchimp kept changing the offerings for the free and lowest-tier services. Once Intuit took over, it was obvious they wanted everyone to start paying more for every small thing. As a small business I could no longer afford to use MailChimp.

Razões para mudar para o EmailOctopus

I liked the ease of use and overall aesthetic of EmailOctopus over the alternatives.
  • Setor: Software

Right fit for us

Avaliado em 01/12/2023

Glad we went with them. Great customer service too. Very proactive and responsive when we had a question.

Vantagens

There’s not a bunch of stuff built up over years of product development that make it complicated. It feels fresh.

Desvantagens

There’s limited editing options and templates for content.

Bruna
  • Setor: Varejistas

I highly recommend it!

Avaliado em 05/03/2024

Vantagens

Very easy to use. Very attentive support team. Excellent price!

Desvantagens

Don't have countdown (we would like use it to "last chance" communications. Big space between images (is't possible to put two imagens pasted).

Tom
  • Setor: Rádio e televisão

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Really impressed with their platform

Avaliado em 21/05/2024

Vantagens

Really impressed with their platform and price. Their instant online tech support is first rate. 😀

Desvantagens

nothing really it was great and we will go on using.

GUSTAVO

• Usado Mensal durante Avaliação gratuita

Excellent

Avaliado em 27/05/2024

Vantagens

Every thing of this platform it's very aesy to use, versatile

Desvantagens

I Ise emailOctopus time ago but Nothing disllike at this moment

George
  • Setor: Software
  • Usado Mensal durante 6 a 12 meses

Refreshingly Simple and Straightforward

Avaliado em 16/11/2022

An excellent tool for most email-marketing situations. I've used it on several client sites for letting them build their own newsletters and email lists, and have not had a single complaint about it. If you are looking for a tool to migrate your email list of hundreds of thousands of users to, EmailOctopus probably isn't for you—but if you're an average-sized business or creator, it's really my preferred option now, and much less spammy/convoluted than something like ConvertKit!

Vantagens

Email Octopus is really a great tool for—in my opinion—80–90% of situations where you need email marketing. For the large part it "just works", and I have no trouble getting my clients to use it, which cannot be said about other similar tools.It's quite easy to make great-looking forms and landing pages, and the WordPress plugin is a joy to use—makes things much easier!

Desvantagens

If it's a great tool for 80–90% of situations, then I have to admit it has some shortcomings for those less-common use cases where you really need something robust and more flexible.Its API documentation is a bit lacking, for example, and while things "just work" for the most part, a consequence of this is that you don't have nearly as much control over precise details as you would with a larger—and admittedly more expensive—tool in this same spce.

ConvertKit, Campaign Monitor by Marigold e Mailchimp

Razões para escolher o EmailOctopus

ConvertKit's branding is a bit of a turn off. It's either just...bad (remember that whole weird thing of temporarily being named "Seva"?), or has a very heavy marketer/car-salesman vibe to it.But it was a decent tool for a long time, so worth using.I came across EmailOctopus via its WordPress plugin, and was intrigued by the simplicity and refreshing marketing and design, which felt so much more "normal" and straightforward than e.g. ConvertKit.I started using it one some personal projects, and after loving it, am now using it with some freelance clients. A few of those are switched over from ConvertKit and we're all happier for it.

ConvertKit

Razões para mudar para o EmailOctopus

There are situations where I'd go with a tool with more features and more developer possibilities (i.e. a more fully-fleshed-out, better-documented API with ideally some SDKs ready to go).But EmailOctopus is a great balance of focused feature-set, cost, design quality, and customer support, so it's becoming my go-to!
Anca
  • Usado Mensal durante 1 a 5 meses

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Great tool for authors and bloggers

Avaliado em 20/03/2023

I had the pleasure of using EmailOctopus for my email marketing campaigns, and I must say it's an excellent tool. The platform is incredibly easy to use and efficient. One of the best things about it is the wide variety of templates available, as well as the option to create custom ones.Additionally, I appreciate the free plan that allows you to schedule your campaigns, which is a feature not always included in free plans with other email marketing services. Whenever I needed assistance, their support team was fantastic, quick to respond and receptive to suggestions.Last but not least, the pricing is very affordable, especially once you reach 2500 subscribers. Overall, I would highly recommend EmailOctopus to anyone looking for an excellent email marketing tool that is easy to use, affordable, and offers fantastic customer support.

My favorite features are:1. creating your own template2. scheduling campaigns

Desvantagens

Although it integrates with StoryOrigin (the platform I use to deliver magnet readers and do newsletter swaps with other authors), EmailOctopus's API doesn't support list stats. Because I swap with other authors, it helps to show my stats (list size, open rate and chick rate). But the support team was quick to respond and open to suggestions, so I'm hoping they will fix this in another update.

Zoho Campaigns

Razões para escolher o EmailOctopus

MailChimp recently reduced its free plan from 2000 to 500 subscribers. I find their pricing too expensive (not for what they offer, but for what I need at this moment).

Razões para mudar para o EmailOctopus

I chose EmailOctopus for 4 reasons:1. Higer number of subscribers in the free plan2. Affordable price3. Scheduling option4. It integrates with the platform I'm using to deliver my reader magnet.
Ahmed
  • Setor: Internet
  • Porte da empresa: 51–200 funcionários
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de um ano

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

The most to-the-point software I have ever used

Avaliado em 25/10/2022

My overall experience is very positive; I wished that I had switched earlier

My overall experience is very positive; I wished that I had switched earlier

Vantagens

EmailOctopus comes as an acronym for value-for-money; it does the job as efficient as a $4k/month software but doesn't leave the guilt when skipping some campaigns

Desvantagens

With a lack of direct integrations, using Zapier is easy but costly. However, they provide a straightforward API that I'm planning to make use of, but of course, it'd be even better to have direct integration available

Brevo e GetResponse

Razões para escolher o EmailOctopus

- Pricing- Pricing- Pricing- Overcharging - Simplicity of EmailOctopus that fits my exact needs

Razões para mudar para o EmailOctopus

The only one that beat EmailOctopus pricing was SES, but it requires building all the features that EmailOctopus has from the ground up; all the others came short at pricing and other features.
Josephine
  • Setor: Saúde, bem-estar e condicionamento físico
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de um ano

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Excellent email management platform for small business

Avaliado em 27/04/2023

Vantagens

I like the ease of use, excellent and very responsive customer service, affordability.

Desvantagens

Some of the email functions are not perfect; for instance, I sometimes have trouble setting the right font size for my email campaigns.

Jargon

This is the one!

Avaliado em 17/02/2021

10/10

10/10

Vantagens

EmailOctopus was SOOOOOO easy to use! I love it. I came over discouraged AF from trying MailChimp. Anyone whoever used MailChimp either has a degree in the software or hired someone. It is ridiculously difficult to use and it embeds itself into everything. EmailOctopus is so simple and effective. I got real-time results and I ended up making quite a bit of money emailing old customers. I will definitely be using EmailOctobus from here on out.

Desvantagens

The only thing I didn't like is that I didn't find it sooner.

Razões para escolher o EmailOctopus

MailChimp was too difficult to use

Razões para mudar para o EmailOctopus

EmailOctupus is easy to use and doesn't require much setup. Zero headaches, zero nonsense
Ben
  • Setor: Design

Better than the monkey!

Avaliado em 14/02/2023

EmailOctopus has allowed us to have bigger lists (compared to the monkey) before hitting a paid limit. It's allowed us to target smaller but more effective segments of our lists with different campaigns.

Vantagens

The limits on free accounts are higher than the famous Monkey brand and the reports are nicely detailed. Custom fields allow good segmentation of lists and it's super simple to use them in the email content.

Desvantagens

The builder for email is sometimes a little convoluted with the side panel that pops out to edit details like buttons etc. It's not always clear if a change has been saved.

Brevo e Mailchimp

Razões para escolher o EmailOctopus

Price initially. Then ease of use when we actually used it!

Price, simplicity.
Jeff
  • Usado Diariamente durante 6 a 12 meses

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Great "out of the box" features!

Avaliado em 01/12/2022

I have been able to build an email list because of ease of integration into my

I have been able to build an email list because of ease of integration into my

Vantagens

Started out using the free version. It has all of the features of the paid version which you can't say that about their competitors. Can immediately have more than one list as well as use automations. Gave me a great idea. how the program works and now I'm paying and a huge fan.

Desvantagens

I am able to integrate Email Octopus pretty much everywhere I want. But, occasionally I need to use a third party software to do so. Which isn't a huge deal, but I'm sure that will start seeing email octopus in more and more native integrations.

Razões para mudar para o EmailOctopus

Because the price is significantly lower and the support is better.
Sonja

Great and Easy

Avaliado em 24/04/2023

I am using Email Octopus for email marketing for my publishing business. It's a very low-cost and effective way to gather my readers in one place and hold them there.

Vantagens

Email Octopus is extremely straight-forward. The way you use it and the pricing are easy to unserstand and make sense.

Desvantagens

Nothing to add. I like it, and can't think of anything I dislike. Customer service was prompt at answering my inquiries.

Matt

Email Octopus Is A Top Notch Service Provider

Avaliado em 15/07/2022

Good overall and I will continue to be a client as long as I can be.

Good overall and I will continue to be a client as long as I can be.

Vantagens

From the ease of signing up, uploading my leads, and creating my first campaign I have really enjoyed using this service. Their support staff is very personal and they work one-on-one with me in a prompt and polite manner. They listen to my issues or concerns and take the time to explain the answers to me. It has been a pleasure working with Email Octopus and I plan to continue to do so for many years to come.

Desvantagens

When configuring the lead capture form I could not figure out how to set the width of the form fields, or design the form to fit the area on my page for it. I had to instead remove a paragraph on necessary information from the page and design my page around their form.

Pamela

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

A game-changer for those looking for affordable newsletters

Avaliado em 25/05/2023

I'm thrilled with my experience with Email Octopus and am glad I switched from the more expensive newsletter providers.

Vantagens

I love the pricing, the ease of setting up newsletters, and that I can stay within a budget without losing the newsletter features that allow me to have high subscriber engagement. I also like how easy it is to add new subscribers and that it offers a user-friendly design platform.

Desvantagens

I haven't had a chance to explore automation yet, but that's one thing I'd like to set up and figure out.

Kristian
  • Setor: Internet
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de um ano

Simple & Effective

Avaliado em 28/04/2021

Incredible. In the time & age where platform are becoming extremely bulky, EmailOctopous keeps it simple, clean, automated. Customer support is on point every time.

- Simple yet powerful

• Setor: Telecomunicações
  • Porte da empresa: 1.001–5.000 funcionários
  • Usado Diariamente durante Mais de dois anos

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Simple and cheap for a email marketing manager software

Avaliado em 14/06/2021

Vantagens

EmailOctopus provides a dependable platform at a reasonable price, with exceptional customer service. Questions are swiftly and thoroughly answered. The platform is simple to use and offers a wide range of options that i have use to write our newsletter and email marketing content.

Desvantagens

I'd want to see the email builder drag and drop functionality enhanced. It works okay, and the emails are attractive, but it isn't as polished as some other newsletter builder software that I have used. The email template should be more customizable and easy to add a design into it.

Steven
  • Setor: Instituições religiosas

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

E-mail Octopus is a great platform

Avaliado em 31/08/2020

Overall, our experience has been great. Any time I've had a question or a problem the support center is very responsive, even factoring in the time lag because I'm in the United States and they are in Great Britain.

Vantagens

E-mail Octopus is very easy to use. It is an intuitive program. Over the past three years that we have been using it it has been nearly flawless. But the best thing about it is it's affordability and flexibility.

Desvantagens

If I had to pick just one thing about the program that I would change would be on the reporting side. It gives good data about the number of opens, numbers who unsubscribe and bounces. However when they report clicks the base it not just on the number of opens but also factor in even the number who never opened the e-mail. To me, that doesn't make sense. How can you report data on someone who never even opens the e-mail.The realistic number of click throughs should be based on the actual number of the people who have opened the e-mail. That is the most accurate data a user like myself can benefit from.

• Setor: Serviços e tecnologia da informação

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Happy customer for over two years.

Avaliado em 25/10/2022

Overall, the experience with EmailOctopus has been largely positive.

Overall, the experience with EmailOctopus has been largely positive.

Vantagens

EmailOctopus looks easy at first, but I will highly encourage anyone to look into the API for more serious use cases. Depending on your mileage, it may take you longer to integrate, but if you have worked with competitors, it only should take you a few hours at most to build a fully integrated flow with the API.

Desvantagens

The editor is a little finicky at times and the documentation for power users could be made more visible. I would also expect better support for managing multiple accounts at this price point.

SendGrid e Mailchimp

The Octopus is cuter.
Chuck
  • Setor: Serviços e tecnologia da informação
  • Usado Mensal durante Mais de um ano

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

EmailOctopus provides exceptional customer supprot

Avaliado em 24/10/2022

I would recommend EmailOctopus without reservation.

I would recommend EmailOctopus without reservation.

Vantagens

The customer support was the best feature of EmailOctopus. Every question I had was promptly answered with useful information. Customer service really went the extra mile to make sure I was satisfied.

Desvantagens

My requirements were quite basic. While not a "feature" of the software, the only area where I saw an opportunity for improvement was to have customer service available during standard US business hours (EmailOctopus seems to be based in the UK.)

Razões para escolher o EmailOctopus

Wanted to try something different.

Razões para mudar para o EmailOctopus

Wanted to try something different.