Buddy

4,8 (168)
Escreva uma avaliação!
Uma ferramenta CI/CD simples.

Relação qualidade/preço
Recursos
Praticidade
Suporte ao cliente

dos usuários recomendam este app
Classificar por

168 avaliações

Guilherme
Guilherme
  • Setor: E-Learning

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Makes it ridiculously easy to build and maintain complex CI/CD pipelines

Avaliado em 12/12/2019

Vantagens

The unique and intuitive way we can interact with it. It is a complete platform that's also very simple to use, so simple that setting up any new pipeline usually takes ten minutes tops.

At our company, we use multiple Buddy actions, such as: File transferring (SFTP), performing Status Checks for CR, building and pushing Docker images, establishing containerized environment for tests and setting up K8s deployment images. And we are pretty happy with our overall experience with Buddy.

Desvantagens

Price, maybe? IIRC, it's a little more expensive than alternatives but I think it's worth it in the end.

Willian
  • Setor: Saúde, bem-estar e condicionamento físico

It's simple to start

Avaliado em 09/12/2019

Buddy worked very well on our whitelabel business model. We generate dozens of apps per month, and we expand our sales without increasing the number of developers on the project.

Vantagens

We like how easy it is to add new pipelines, and monitor build processes.

Desvantagens

Unsupported to generate iOS apps, so you need to subscribe to another service to do this

Ralf
Ralf

• Probabilidade de recomendação 0.0 /10

This is a toy that you can use for a hobby project

Avaliado em 11/07/2022

Absolutely avoid. Spent last year trying to make it work and now the cost of keeping it alive is just too big so swapping as we speak. Last response from support I had... oh wait, I didn't have any.

Vantagens

WHEN it works, it has a few good features. It allows you to a basic CI/CD for a small projects, that's about it.

Desvantagens

There's about 2h a day their support works, you have to wait for hours to get any response. And once you do 99% of those responses are "not our fault, try removing all projects, all integrations and try again".
On the top of that anything more complex that "hello world" runs out of their apparent 2CPU 2GB deployment server. Want more resources? Wait for 24h until dev team has this 2h of work somewhere in India.

Lucas
  • Setor: Cosmético
  • Porte da empresa: Profissional autônomo

Cannot get easier!

Avaliado em 11/12/2019

Vantagens

Super easy. Even limited technical persons can use this.

Honestly, I cannot think of anything I don't like

Chris
Chris

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Buddy powers all of our pipelines, deployments and builds

Avaliado em 30/11/2023

Vantagens

Buddy is easy to use and works consistently. I set it and forget it across a wide variety of setups, apps and needs. It has always worked well. It is easy to use along with a wide feature and capability set.

Desvantagens

I dont have any cons. I've used Buddy for years and *if* there is an issue that doesn't seem to be pipeline related or config related, I've been able to reach out to someone in customer service and have a resolution very quickly, along with insight about what happened.

Louis
Louis
  • Setor: Arquitetura e planejamento
  • Porte da empresa: 201–500 funcionários

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Buddy allows your team to make the most of their time. Developing instead of Deploying!

Avaliado em 22/09/2023

Love it. I have used it for years. I tell everyone about it. Encourage everyone to use it.

Vantagens

The large number of integrations. This is critical. It allows us to use just Buddy to manage everything.

Desvantagens

We can always use more integrations. The more things Buddy adds to their ecosystem. The more products we can consider to improve our workflows.

Niklas
Niklas
  • Usado Semanal durante Mais de um ano

The simplest CI and Automation tool I ever experienced

Avaliado em 18/12/2019

Buddy was the first CI/CD tool that satisfied all of our needs while being extremely simple to use. It was easy to get up and running with our monorepo and custom triggers with webhooks. Buddy provided solid support for multiple programming languages, Google Cloud, Kubernetes and HTTP Endpoints. It is a joy to build pipelines with Buddy! 🚀

Vantagens

It provides very intuitive workflows and actions that are customizable for all kinds of needs.

Desvantagens

You pay for a machine the whole month even if you aren't using it. I would prefer a serverless model like with Google Cloud Build or GitHub Actions, where you only pay for the minutes the machine is running.

Saad
Saad
  • Setor: Publicidade e marketing

Amazing CI/CD tool

Vantagens

- Easy to set up, minimal setup requred.
- Easy to manage.
- On premises deployment, use own servers, multiple concurrent builds.

Desvantagens

I did not find anything that I didn't like until now.

Bui Van
Bui Van
  • Setor: Serviços de informação

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Easy to use, great performance

Avaliado em 01/02/2024

Vantagens

It is one of the most powerful tools to help push code quickly, and can manage error checking when deploying an application

Desvantagens

Sometimes, just sometimes it works a bit slow

Aimee
  • Setor: Publicidade e marketing

A great Product

Avaliado em 11/09/2023

Vantagens

Buddy has been really easy to use and set up for a number of products.

Desvantagens

The Documentation for some features could explain more or contain different versions. Some actions in the documentation don't match up with how it is used on the pipeline.

Paweł

Run CI/CD without headache

Avaliado em 27/05/2019

Buddy is the easiest CI/CD solution I could find. Frankly it wasn't me finding it but a friend front-end developer showed me how to use it. This means you really don't need to be an old school open source ninja or DevOps hipster to run a CI/CD for your project. Just put together the build pipeline and get running in minutes.

Vantagens

It's so easy to get the on premise install running. It really takes minutes to get the software configured.

Building the deployment flow, aka pipeline is very intuitive. The UI will even give you hints about next steps in the pipeline.

You want to get things more complex? No worries - tons of integrations are at your service. Starting from simple FPT/SFTP deployments, through deployment time script compilation ending with advanced pipelines that include testing, sandboxing, joining other pipelines and parallel execution.

All that wrapped in stylish and intuitive UI that lets you watch the process live. When something goes wrong it's easy to find the exact step and the relevant log messages. Everything enclosed in one view. Awesome!

From the business perspective the TCO for the Buddy is much better (lower) when compared to top CI/CD tools and even open source solutions.

Desvantagens

For the standalone edition some may find Buddy a being a black box. It could be difficult to get you hands dirty on internals of the system.

If you're used to get control on every detail you may find the Buddy UI limiting you.

Viatcheslav

Great product!

Avaliado em 10/12/2019

Great product, I started to use it about a year ago and looking forward into new features, recommended to few friends with startup and they love it. Very nice design and many visual integrations. Had some issue with billing as I was not able to add person to company just for billing purposes. Other than that everything is great, good work!

- awesome design
- many integrations
- fast
- pipelines

Desvantagens

- can not add a billing person to account

Suroor

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Exceptionally easy to set up and go

Avaliado em 07/08/2023

Buddy has been so smooth and easy to set up and use. It is my go to tool for any new project I'm starting. I've even migrated a few that were running on other platforms for years

Vantagens

Ease of setup and use is key to any service. Every other service that I have used pales in comparison in this aspect

Desvantagens

Shared variable management can sometimes be tricky, especially when you have multiple pipelines.

Lachlan
Lachlan

• Probabilidade de recomendação 8.0 /10

Simple and quick

Avaliado em 05/12/2023

Vantagens

Buddy works really well for our organization. The no-config pipelines make setting things up super easy and save us a ton of time. The platform has all the features we need for deployment and testing—it's got everything covered. Plus, it integrates seamlessly with AWS, which is exactly what we were looking for. I highly recommend it for anyone who needs a quick and easy deployment suite.

Desvantagens

Sometimes our development processes fail unexpectedly, likely a system layer problem beyond our access. Luckily, these issues tend to fix themselves after a while. The challenge is that when we need help from customer service, they're in a different time zone, making the problem-solving process slower.

Marcus
  • Setor: Mídia digital

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Easy to use without sacrificing features

Avaliado em 14/11/2022

We are currently migrating a lot of old delivery services that were missing pipeline support, and on the projects we have moved we have saved a lot of time and money when we don't have to handle merge conflicts on files that should be built on deployment anyway.

Vantagens

I love that it's easy to set up our pipelines, but it's also easy to understand how the pipelines are set up so teaching my colleagues on how to use this has been just as simple.

Desvantagens

None at this moment, there are times when you wish an action were available but the ones I was thinking about have already been implemented.

Jose

• Probabilidade de recomendação 9.0 /10

Ease of use and reliability

Avaliado em 10/12/2019

Vantagens

Buddy.works has made our deployment process a lot faster and easier.

Desvantagens

Would like a way to group projects together.

Avaliador Verificado
  • Setor: Entretenimento
  • Porte da empresa: 51–200 funcionários

We Love Sandboxes!

Avaliado em 22/05/2019

Overall, we love Buddy. It has been the best and easiest CI tool to use and provides it's weight in gold with Sandboxes.

Vantagens

We love the ease of use. We have tried many other CI systems and found Buddy to be the easiest and best for our front-end flow. We absolutely LOVE sandboxes, we find the most value in them. We constantly have the maximum number running for all projects to allow business and QA teams to view.

Desvantagens

There are some gotchas and things that could be improved. Making it easier to duplicate workflows across projects, for example. Sandboxes are still in beta and could use some of the same improvements. Making it easier to define a default setup for sandboxes, and the ability to allocate lower memory to allow running more smaller sandboxes at once.

Jamie

Best in its category

Avaliado em 09/12/2019

All of the problems I have encountered was probably (more then likely) down to our own team or missing NPM packages, however the support team would always assist and help us find the root cause of the problem.

Vantagens

The vast amount of options available to the user and the ever growing list that comes with it.

Desvantagens

Pricing is little bit steep as we're a small agency but the heavy lifting it takes off us is invaluable

Avaliador Verificado

Buddy is great

Avaliado em 22/05/2019

Our favorite CI / CD service became the Buddy platform with a modern interface, conceptual innovations, and live assistance.
Be it Azure, AWS, K8s, Python, Java, PHP, FTP, SSH, Slack, SMS... the platform didn't let us down

Vantagens

The most we like: simple to use, friendly and modern UI.
We might not be a big company using a ton of architecture, but we've found solutions in Buddy to all our deployment related tasks.

Desvantagens

They are having hard time keeping all the documentation up to date.

Joe

• Probabilidade de recomendação 10.0 /10

Can't make it any easier

Avaliado em 28/07/2022

Vantagens

CD/CI is hard no matter how you look at it. The design of the Buddy UI makes it so simple to create and automate the entire CI workflow. I can control every aspect of the pipeline, monitor the progress of each build and easily reach detailed logging whenever I need it.

Desvantagens

None that I can really think of right now

Niels
Niels
  • Setor: Desenvolvimento de programas

Great piece of software!

Vantagens

The best thing about buddy is probably their customer support. The software itself doesn't require to much explanation, but when you do have a suggestion or piece of feedback it is handled with care.

Desvantagens

The activity view per project could have a bit more filtering options and the sandbox option in projects is a bit to expensive for our use.

Julien
  • Setor: Alimentação e bebidas

Easy CI for everything

Avaliado em 23/05/2019

After using DeployBot for years, I wanted to see if there was something out there more flexible and faster. Buddy has been a perfect tool for us, and helps us deploy different repos every day, in different and unique ways.

Vantagens

I like that we are easily able to use Buddy for all of the applications across our stack. We have apps on multiple servers and in multiple languages. The GUI is extremely easy and much faster than typing yaml files, but if you'd like to type your CI, they offer an easy import/export tool.

Desvantagens

It's hard to think about what I don't like about Buddy, but if anything I suppose it would be that their atomic deployments are a little challenging to use.

Patrick
  • Setor: Desenvolvimento de programas
  • Porte da empresa: Profissional autônomo

Great Product

Avaliado em 18/12/2019

Vantagens

Very simple to use, full of integrations and tools

Desvantagens

I use it every day and have not found any against

Jay

Most Important Software In Our Company

Vantagens

Very easy to use. Very powerful. I like everything about it.

Desvantagens

No mobile app. No public repositories. No easy way to preload repositories with software IE: it would be great if I could start a new repo with WordPress pre-installed.

Alex
  • Setor: Design

Best CI/CD service we've tried

Avaliado em 22/05/2019

Have loved using it and the entire team have taken to it really well.

Have loved using it and the entire team have taken to it really well.

- Incredibly easy to use
- Hooks up with Github to make setup simple
- Fast interface
- Billions of integrations!

Desvantagens

The interface makes use of keyboard shortcuts which can be a bit annoying at times when using things like the escape key to cancel an OS autocorrect suggestion. But once you know that, you know how to avoid it.